The Standard Fire & Special Perils (SFSP) Insurance, designed to cover loss or damage to Buildings, Plant & Machinery, Tools, Instruments and accessories, Furniture, Fixtures and Fittings, Electrical Installations, Stocks in trade including work in progress, etc due to Fire and Act of God perils. This policy is vital for all types of industry and trade groups, offices, service occupancies, households and assets belonging to all sections of the society.
Who can take the Insurance?
Persons with insurable interest in the property to be insured like owners, banks and financial institutions.
The Policy Covers
Buildings, plant and machinery, furniture, fixtures and fittings, electrical installations, stocks, stocks in trade including work in progress etc belonging to any industry, offices, service occupancies, households etc.
What does the Standard Fire and Special Perils Insurance cover?
- Explosion / implosion
- Aircraft damage
- Riot, strike and malicious damage (RSMD)
- Storm, cyclone, typhoon, tempest, hurricane, tornado, flood and inundation (STFI)
- Impact damage
- Subsidence and landslide including rockslide
- Bursting and/or overflowing of water tanks, apparatus and pipes
- Missile testing operations
- Leakage from automatic sprinkler installations
- Bush fire
Apart from the above-mentioned perils, Standard Fire and Special Perils Insurance also covers:
- Architects’, surveyors’ and consulting engineers’ fees (up to 3% of claim amount)
- Removal of debris (up to 1% of the claim amount)
What does the Standard Fire and Special Perils Insurance not cover?
- Terrorism (unless add on cover is chosen)
- Earthquake (Fire & Shock) (unless add on cover is chosen)
- Spontaneous combustion (unless add on cover is chosen)
- Burning of property by order of any Public Authority
- Property undergoing any heating or drying process
- Explosion of boilers (other than domestic boilers)
- Total or partial cessation of work
- Permanent or temporary dispossession by order of Government
- Burglary, House breaking, theft, etc
- Normal cracking or settlement or bedding down of new structures
- War or war like operations, Nuclear perils
- Pollution or contamination
- Over-running, excessive pressure, short circuiting etc
What are the add-on covers under Standard Fire and Special Perils Insurance?
- Earthquake Fire and Shock
- Spontaneous combustion
- Removal Of Debris (exceeding 1% of claim amount)
- Architects, Surveyors, Consulting Engineers fees (exceeding 3% of claim amount)
- Spoilage Material Damage Cover
- Leakage and Contamination Cover
- Deterioration of stock in cold storage premises
- Molten metal spillage Cover
- Forest fire
- Impact damage due to Insured’s own Rail/Road vehicles
- Omissions to insure additions, alterations or extensions.
- Temporary removal of stock
- Loss of rent
- Start up expenses
What are the key advantages of Standard Fire and Special Perils Insurance?
- A comprehensive policy which covers all tangible assets normally exposed to the risk of fire and natural perils.
- Wide scope of cover at reasonable cost
- A host of add-on covers to opt from depending on the individual requirement.
- Optional deletion of STFI & RSMD group of perils.
- Multiple options for stocks to cover fluctuations and/or multiple locations – floater policy,
declaration policy and floater declaration policy
Note:- These are indicative details of the Policy. Exact terms, conditions, coverages and exclusions are as per the wordings of Standard Fire & Special Perils Insurance.
Compare quotes and get life insurance in right way
Start a fast, free auto insurance quote with Ahalia Insurance. We help you find any insurance coverages that are right for you, so you’re not paying for anything you don’t want!
Call:+91 90723 66668
How to start a career in insurance?
The joining process is easy and is done online. You just have to register with AIBPL and furnish your KYC documents.
Thereafter, you would have to undergo a simple training module of 15 hours as per the guidelines specified by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI). The training modules are simple and imparted through educational videos. You can even access the modules on your Smartphones and complete the training as per your convenience.
Head office address:
Call for help:
+91 90723 66668